We all have days where concentrating on work, school, or everyday tasks doesn’t come as easily, whether it’s because you’re stressed, tired, or just uninspired. These feelings can make it feel impossible to get anything marked off of your to-do list. But if you feel like having difficulty concentrating is something you deal with every single day, there is a chance that the issue runs deeper than simply having an off day.
If you have daily struggles with completing tasks, even when they are required for work or school, then you might have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD. While you may think that ADHD is a childhood disorder that people grow out of, the fact is that people of all ages struggle with their symptoms and the impact they have on their daily lives. That is why AIM: Advaita Integrated Medicine offers ADHD therapy in Raleigh, NC to people of all ages, whether they have an existing diagnosis or would like to be tested for this condition.
The Signs & Symptoms of ADHD
Much like any other mental health disorder, ADHD has a few different signs and symptoms. If you aren’t sure if you or a loved one is dealing with this condition, there are some questions you can ask yourself, such as:
- Do you have a hard time sitting still for more than a few minutes?
- Are you easily distracted by sounds, movements, etc?
- Do you find it difficult to keep your thoughts on track?
- Is it difficult for you to focus in class or during work meetings/conferences?
- Do you find yourself frequently daydreaming?
- Do you have trouble comprehending when you read something?
- Is your workspace or home messy/cluttered due to unfinished chores or projects?
- Do people complain that you frequently interrupt them?
- Do you have trouble meeting deadlines for work or school?