Where to Find Professional Depression Help In My Area
What is Depression?
Depression is one of America’s most common mental health disorders, affecting one out of every six Americans. Depression is characterized by lasting feelings of low mood that affect day-to-day functioning. If you or a loved one are experiencing signs of depression, it is important to research ‘depression help in my area’ and seek proper medical support. Continue reading to learn more.
Who is Most Impacted by Depression?
Symptoms of Depression
While it is normal to feel sad occasionally, depression is different. Depression is characterized by feelings of lasting sadness and can also include:
- Weight gain or loss
- Changes to sleep
- Loss of interest
- Loss of pleasure
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Agitation and irritability
- Difficulty concentrating or focusing
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Thoughts of self-harm or suicide
- Increase in risky behaviors
Depression Treatment Options for ‘Depression Help In My Area’
Depression is a disorder that can have many underlying causes. Because of this, it is important to consult a mental health professional when seeking treatment. At Advaita Integrated Medicine (Advaita Integrated Medicine), we offer custom treatment plans for ‘depression help in my area.’ Our custom treatment plans for ‘depression help in my area’ treatment include therapy, psychiatric care, and holistic therapies.
Therapy Options When Searching for 'Depression Help in My Area
Therapy is commonly used in the treatment of depression. Additionally, there are a few different types of therapy used in treatment. At Advaita Integrated Medicine, we take our time getting to know your needs to help you choose the most effective therapy. We have over 13 clinical therapists to choose from and take care of matching our clients with the right ones – ensuring the perfect fit.
- Talk Therapy and Counseling: Having someone to talk to about your experience is an important part of depression treatment. Talk therapy provides a safe space to unpack and process your experiences. Group therapy and group counseling can also be part of depression treatment. The benefit of group therapy sessions is that they put you in touch with others going through a similar experience. Sharing with others going through the same thing can be healing and reduce feelings of isolation.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is commonly used in depression treatment. Cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and classical Psychotherapy are most used. These therapies work to help you understand your underlying reasons for depression. They also work to identify unhelpful thought patterns that contribute to depressive symptoms. Once identified, these patterns can be changed, and healing can occur.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): TMS is an effective solution for treatment-resistant depression. TMS uses a heavy-duty magnet to stimulate underactive areas of the brain. This type of stimulation can help alleviate symptoms of both depression and anxiety. TMS is safe and relatively low risk.2
Depression is often related to certain chemical imbalances in the brain. Because of this, it can be easily treated using medications. At Advaita Integrated Medicine, we conduct thorough psychiatric evaluations to ensure that you are getting matched with the correct medication. Medications used in depression treatment include antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs.
Holistic therapies are aimed at helping the whole person. These therapies are designed to improve a person’s overall well-being. One of the holistic treatment options we offer at Advaita Integrated Medicine is our Integrative wellness coaching programs. Coaching programs differ from talk therapy but are still valuable for helping improve a person’s life. Working with a coach will provide you with the support to learn new patterns and coping strategies to live a more balanced life.
- Yoga and breathwork
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Proper diet and nutrition
- Herbal Remedies
- Animal therapy
- Art therapy
- Support groups
- Wellness Coaching
Why Seek Treatment for Depression
Finding Services For ‘Depression Help In My Area’
Depression Treatment at Advaita Integrative Medicine
Advaita Integrative Medicine offers custom plans for caring for your depression. Advaita Integrated Medicine’s practices are rooted in accountability, growth, centered living, unity, and transparency. We offer depression treatment to get you back on track. No matter how you are struggling, we have the resources to help. In addition to depression treatment, we offer treatments for anxiety, mood disorders, trauma/PTSD, and substance abuse disorders.
Additionally, we offer virtual services for those outside of the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill areas. Don’t wait. Call us today and start your journey to a happier you.
Questions About Treatment?
Reach out to Advaita Integrated Medicine today and begin taking the steps needed to lead the happy, healthy, and fulfilling life you deserve.