Advanced Practice Provider
Advanced Practice Provider Duties & Responsibilities
AIM: Advaita Integrated Medicine: AIM is an integrated care practice that provides psychiatry, medication management, preventative primary care, and therapy for individuals dealing with substance use/addiction and mental health disorders including, bipolar, anxiety, depression, trauma, PTSD, and ADHD. AIM serves adults in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area in person and individuals throughout the state of North Carolina virtually. AIM leverages an interdisciplinary team to work collaboratively with their patients to help them achieve their goals. They take a values-based, mission-driven and provider-centric approach to healthcare and they pride themselves on clinical sophistication, care coordination, integrated care, all in the pursuit of human flourishing.
Working closely with AIM’s medical director, the key responsibilities of the advanced practice provider are to provide direct medical care within the scope of their practice, including psychiatric evaluations, medication management, health assessments, and physicals. The advanced practice provider works collaboratively with the clinical team to provide patient assessment and diagnosis, formulate treatment plans, prescribe medications, order laboratory tests, interpret test results, provide patient education, prepare medical records and refer patients for inpatient care in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
Advanced Practice Provider Duties and Responsibilities
● Works collaboratively to provide integrated patient care in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
● Provides health services such as assessments, evaluations, medication management, education, counseling and emotional support.
● Provides patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment plans in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
● Collaborates with the Medical Director, other clinical staff, administrative staff, and outside resources as needed to provide excellent integrated care.
● Provides health services, education, counseling and emotional support. Refers patients for inpatient care, in collaboration with the staff psychiatrist, as necessary. Issues medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines.
● Collaborates with the Medical Director to order lab testing.
● Interprets and explains the test results to patients.
● Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations.
● Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up as necessary to provide excellent integrated care.
● May also provide primary medical care services as indicated, in accordance with statues, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
● Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
● Minimum of a Masters of Science in Nursing or Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited college or university.
● Three (3) years of experience related to the above-described duties.
● Must be licensed in the state of North Carolina
● Ability to pass Advaita Ventures’ background check Competencies
● Ability to provide excellent integrated medical care to patients
● Proficient in the English language, both in writing and speaking to be able to communicate clearly with all stakeholders, including patients, families, clinic staff and other healthcare professionals
● Possess strong understanding of societies and their impact on mental health; ability to solve problems, monitor and examine patients
● Be compassionate, sensitive, and possess strong reasoning and thinking skills
● Experience in conducting clinical assessments that is used to preliminary determine ASAM PPR-2 needs.
● Understanding of business functions: HR, finance, operations, marketing
● Competency in planning and business development
● Excellent organization and leadership abilities
● Competency with G- Suite, Microsoft Office, and other Advaita Ventures and AIM: Advaita Integrated Medicine technology platforms